Qtopia coming for Neo1973

Thomas Wood thomas at openedhand.com
Wed Sep 19 10:10:25 CEST 2007

On Tue, 2007-09-18 at 20:40 +0100, thomas.cooksey at bt.com wrote:
> >Would you really say either gnome or is wasted effort and should be
> >discontinued? Or vim/gnome,linux/bsd,gecko/webkit/mysql/postgres...
>
> Yes, it's my personal belief that these projects all represent wasted effort and that if they cooperated they'd achieve more. I always get a nice warm fuzzy feeling whenever I see a forked project merge (Compiz Fusion, Webkit/KHTML)

You don't think competition has it's advantages? A bigger project
doesn't necessarily equal better results. There are significant
differences between (for example) KDE and GNOME that make it useful to
have a choice. They are tackling the same problem but in different ways.
It is very important people can experiment and try different things.
Anything else would be to stifle innovation and progress.

Regards,

Thomas

--
OpenedHand Ltd.

Unit R Homesdale Business Center / 216-218 Homesdale Road /
Bromley / BR1 2QZ / UK             Tel: +44 (0)20 8819 6559

Expert Open Source For Consumer Devices - http://o-hand.com/