dialer suggestion

ramsesoriginal ramsesoriginal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 19 13:20:04 CEST 2007

Ok, as i already said some times, i think the best would be to have a single
app that would allow a simple templating. It could go from some in-deep
"template=app"-system, where the numbers are sned through dbus, to a simple
webkit-based(if we already have it, why dont use it?)
javascript&css-solution. Or something similar to the superkaramba-applets.
Doesn't matter how it would be implemented, but such a skinning engime would
be great!

On 9/17/07, Ryan Prior <piratehead at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that would be awesome... that's all have to add, though. If
> anybody wants to make a fun cosmetic change to the Dialer, this could be a
> really cool one!
>
> On 9/17/07, Joshua Layne <joshua at willowisp.net> wrote:
> >
> > kinda tongue-in-cheek, but...
> > so kinetic scrolling works now
> > and all the 'dialer' does is capture numbers to send to the GSM chip.
> > what about an old-school dialer?  OK, maybe 'retro' is a better name at
> > this point.
> >
> > ROTARY baby!
> >
> > kitsch.  flare.  nobodyelsehasit.
> >
> > (maybe there is a reason for that last one)
> >
> > I dunno - crazy idea, but it could look really cool - " what the H are
> > you doing?" - "I'm dialing my cell phone, jeez...."
> >
> > I have no photoshop skillz, so all I can tell you is: find an old rotary
> > dial phone - make it look like that. - like a virtual of these:
> > http://www.makezine.com/blog/archive/2005/06/portable_rotary.html (just
> > the dialer)
> >
> > priority (1 is high): 99 or 999
> >
> > it's at least as important as TV.

My corner of the web: http://blog.ramsesoriginal.org
My dream, my world: http://abenu.wordpress.com
My work: http://unicoinuffico.wordpress.com

Before printing this email, assess if it is really needed. Thank you.