OM Camera - a new angle

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Wed Sep 19 14:10:37 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 20:12:04 Ian Stirling wrote:
> I'd want several megapixels, ability to take at least several second
> pictures, for use around dusk.
> Optical zoom would be a big plus.
> LCD size not hugely important.
> Wifi and bluetooth would be a big plus.
> USB-host too, to enable printing directly to devices, or offloading a
> few pictures to someones memory card.
>
> Have you seen the price of decent wifi enabled network cams?

For my uses, a cheap one would be plenty, but I don't want it to be a security
hole in my network...  Ideally it could do MPEG4 at VGA@30fps, too. I can do
without the Bluetooth.

If it was a digital pocket cam rather than a cheap network cam, I definitely
want optical finder, optical 3x (or more) zoom with decent optics, at least 6
megapixels and very short time from hitting button to actually making picture
(the delay disturbs me rather badly on my trusty old Powershot).