Qtopia coming for Neo1973

Gabriel Ambuehl gabriel_ambuehl at buz.ch
Wed Sep 19 14:18:15 CEST 2007

On Tuesday 18 September 2007 22:58:00 Lorn Potter wrote:
> > Not X11 like all other systems. This has better performance and is in my
> > eyes the perfect solution for embedded devices.
> There is no great performance difference between x11 and fb.

As long as X11 renders to FB, that's true. However, with the GPU in GTA02 that
may not be true at all as in fact, Mickey mentioned on IRC yesterday that fb
operations may well be *slower* on GTA02 than on GTA01.

I don't know enough about the differences between Qt and Qtopia (aside of the
fact that Qtopia draws to the fb directly), but if Qtopia app scan run on Qt,
we might well end up seeing that on GTA02 as Qt/X11 will get the GPU
acceleration for "free"? At that point, GTK and Qt(opia) could happily
coexist like they do on the desktop.