Help Request for our Webshop

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 16:21:37 CEST 2007

On 23 Sep 2007, at 15:02, Vincent wrote:

> I guess that is the reason why Sean asked for something new
> preferably without PHP.
> In PHP it is much easier to mix everything than to use a clear MVC
> concept (although
> someone could argue that a single PHP script contains all M=MySQL,
> V=HTML, C=PHP)...
>
> If you make use of a PHP framework then it is perfectly possible to
> use a clear MVC concept.
>
> Let's hope they find a solution that is better and does not draw too
> much from the
> development budget and time they have. Developing something new from
> scratch would
> IMHO also be a waste of resources and does not guarantee that it is
> finished within
> a reasonable timeframe (e.g. October where we all await new devices
> to ship :-).

My comments are they it's better to use an commerce engine that gets
regular security testing and patches. If you roll your own then you
need to be proactive in monitoring the system for intrusion attempts.

Decent security testing and auditing costs money. If you use an
existing engine and you get hacked then you have someone to sue if
they were incompetent.