Help Request for our Webshop

Vincent imnotb at gmail.com
Sun Sep 23 17:20:20 CEST 2007

On 23/09/2007, Giles Jones <giles.jones at zen.co.uk> wrote:

> On 23 Sep 2007, at 15:35, Vincent wrote:
> >

> > And surely, you mean "someone to hold responsible" instead of
> > "someone to sue"? Especially if we're talking about an open source
> > project...
> >

> Who says you should use open source?

I didn't, but it is an option I presume.

It's great when it comes to
> doing free development and community stuff. But when it comes to
> making money you have to look for the safest, cheapest and highest
> performing product.
>
> If you get defrauded of thousands then a simple "I'm sorry" from an
> open source developer isn't enough.

No, but having him repay the damages isn't what I'd find comforting either.
And anyway, as Ian said: most third parties will have a disclaimer and open
source projects are mostly delivered "as is, without warranty of any kind",
so you won't have someone to sue anyway. Mistakes happen.
--
Vincent