Help Request for our Webshop

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sun Sep 23 17:32:59 CEST 2007

On 23 Sep 2007, at 16:20, Vincent wrote:

> I didn't, but it is an option I presume.

Things like the amount of security auditing, speed of notification of
security
risks and fix times are important. Most web applications are open
source by the very nature that they are usually written in scripting
languages.

> No, but having him repay the damages isn't what I'd find comforting
> either. And anyway, as Ian said: most third parties will have a
> disclaimer and open source projects are mostly delivered "as is,
> without warranty of any kind", so you won't have someone to sue
> anyway. Mistakes happen.

What I think will be difficult is writing a new site engine without
repeating all the security issues identified over the years in other
projects.