Help Request for our Webshop

Jon Radel jon at radel.com
Mon Sep 24 15:19:11 CEST 2007

I swear Sean said:

>Preferable this webshop should not be written in PHP. Either Perl,
>Python or Ruby would be fine by us.

Maybe he realized that no matter what he said, the community would have
to get their initial wave of second-guessing everything out of the way
first, so he didn't bother saying something more like:

"We would prefer that this webshop not be written in PHP because none of
the existing PHP solutions impress us in the least (no, we really mean
that, yes, we've look at oscommerce, no, don't bother mentioning it,
yes, the person looking at it for us knew PHP, no, really, we're not
kidding), but leave open the possibility that somebody talented could
possibly write something suitable using PHP, which is why we're only
expressing a strong preference here, not an absolute requirement."

and so on and so forth for another 3 pages covering everything else that
they've thought of, looked at, suspect somebody will mention, etc.,
etc., etc..

Or maybe not.  Only Sean could say for certain, and I'm pretty sure it
doesn't really matter in the grand scheme of things.  After all, on this
one, they're the customer and the customer is always right.  ;-)

--Jon Radel
jon at radel.com