OpenMoko -- on my TV!

Clarke Wixon cwixon at
Mon Sep 24 23:35:18 CEST 2007

I don't usually watch the local news, but Sunday night I tuned into a broadcast
on KGO, ABC channel 7 in San Francisco, to catch a weather forecast, and . . .

. . . what did I see but a report on open-source phones, prominently featuring

The segment included some hands-on action shots of the Neo1973 and an interview
with our Michael Shiloh (

Pretty cool!  And good show, Michael.

Here's a link to the story and video:

They also cover the Silicon Valley Homebrew Mobile Phone Club, which appears to
be tinkering with a Gumstix-powered platform with a bigger screen, but the story
indicated they are looking favorably at the Neo platform as well.