Is neo1973 dual boot possible?

Lorn Potter lpotter at trolltech.com
Tue Sep 25 03:04:46 CEST 2007

Piotr Duda wrote:
> I have to admit qtopia is quite nice (sounds does not work for me right now and

Updated flash image is pending.

> Ive managed to hang it after first 10min of intense clicking;) but I vote for
> the Openmoko, for the openness never seen before in mobiles, from the very begining
> and not from the moment where competition arrives...

Qtopia has been open sourced for more than 6 years now, from it's
beginning. It wasn't any open source competition that resulted in
opensourcing the telephony stack, it was a lack of a perceived threat to
our business if we did so, and much work by Qtopia engineering. Granted,
the Neo was part of the reason why (we wanted to release this port, but
the Neo is a 'free' phone, and we couldn't very well release a closed
source Qtopia for it, no matter how good it is), but the timing of the
Neo made it appear as if Trolltech were only reacting to it. It has been
a long time in the making.

> its only my opinion and I dont want to argue with anyone :-)

No arguments, everyone is entitled to their opinions, but I wanted to
set the answer straight.

--
Lorn 'ljp' Potter
Software Engineer, Systems Group, MES, Trolltech