Is neo1973 dual boot possible?

ian douglas id at w98.us
Tue Sep 25 16:49:36 CEST 2007

Piotr Duda wrote:
> 1. format my SD card with ext3 and mount it (on laptop)
> 2. unpacked rootfs from qtopia-4.3.0-preview-neo-flash.tgz to SD card
> 3. copied the uImage-2.6.22.5-moko11-r2-fic-gta01.bin kernel to the boot/
> on SD card and rename it to uImage
> 4. umount and take out SD card from the laptop
> 5. I already have the 'Boot from SD' menu item in uboot menu, check out the wiki
> here http://wiki.openmoko.org/wiki/Booting_from_SD#Step_3:_Add_uboot_boot_entry
> if U dont have one
> 6. SD card goes into the Neo, then uboot, Boot from SD and here U are...

This didn't work for me. I followed these exact steps, but when I tell
uboot to boot from SD, I get a kernel panic. Here are the last few lines:

Waiting 5sec before mounting root device...
Root-NFS: No NFS server available, giving up.
NFS: Unable to mount root fs via NFS, trying floppy.
NFS: Cannot open root device "mmcblk0p1" or unknown-block(0,2)
Kernel panic - not syncing: VFS: Unable to mount root fs on
unknown-block(0,2)

... and have to remove the battery as even holding the power button in
for a number of seconds won't power down the Neo.