Qtopia coming for Neo1973

john jptmoore at gmail.com
Tue Sep 25 17:41:49 CEST 2007

I can echo these views.

I personally like a C based framework as I develop on my Neo in Scheme.
I use a Scheme-to-C compiler called Chicken which happens to work
extremely nicely with GTK+. I can develop much more efficiently/easily
in Scheme than I can in C. I would not have this choice if I wanted to
continue with Chicken using with a C++ framework. No doubt it is
possible to integrate but what a pig it would be. Of course I am a very
small minority taking this approach but at least I can if I want! It is
good to have options. You could argue I am putting all my eggs in one
basket (pardon the pun) but I have faith in GTK+.

Arguing which framework is technically superior may be a bit like
arguing about VHS vs Betamax. In the long run it might not matter. Some
of us with go down one route and will be looking hard to find people to
trade films with :)

I have built an ipk of the Chicken Scheme system if anybody is tempted
to the dark side?  ;)

John.