Qtopia coming for Neo1973

Ted Lemon mellon at fugue.com
Tue Sep 25 21:44:49 CEST 2007

On Sep 25, 2007, at 11:14 AM, Carlo E. Prelz wrote:
> Noooo. I just say that Qt has no C api. And this makes it
> unusable. For me. No mention of it being bad.

The personal reason you've given for why you prefer Gtk to Qt is
valid, for you.   However, most of what you said had nothing to do
with that - it was conjecture about the relative merits of GTK+X
versus Qtopia.   And it was factually incorrect, which implies that
you didn't know it to be true.   This is why I say that if you don't
know something to be true, you shouldn't say it: you might be
unknowingly repeating a falsehood.

It's perfectly fine for you to express your personal experience about
C++, but you have to understand that your experience isn't
predictive.   Just because it was that way for you doesn't mean it
will be that way for me.   When you interject your personal
experience into a discussion about the pros and cons of something,
and you can't say why that thing didn't work for you, you are
creating ignorance in the mind of any reader who doesn't already have
knowledge of the topic on which you are speaking.   Which is why I'm
trying to encourage you not to do so.