Qtopia coming for Neo1973

Dr. H. Nikolaus Schaller hns at computer.org
Wed Sep 26 08:18:02 CEST 2007

> I think there is a place for both Openmoko and Qtopia. Useful
> features and possibly even entire applications can be cloned/ported
> back and forth between the platforms. Artwork, sounds, etc can
> easily be shared.

There is even place for more options to discuss.

E.g. Objective-C + GNUstep + X11.

A very similar technology (called iPhone...) has created a lot of
hype recently because it is said to provide the best UI experience in
mobile phones.

> Can we please end this back and forth C vs. C++, Qt vs. Gtk, X11 vs
> no-X11, Openmoko vs Qtopia. I think most of us have seen plenty of
> these debates over the years and nothing constructive ever comes of
> them.

But I agree that these dicsussion are not constructive - since there
is no need for a community consensus. Everybody must decide him/
herself which platform best fits the needs. The community can only
provide pros and cons.