Update from OpenMoko

Rod Whitby rod at whitby.id.au
Fri Sep 28 11:00:30 CEST 2007

Michael Shiloh wrote:
> GTA02:
> ------
>
> We are entering the last phases of finalizing the design. From this
> point forward there are three key milestones in the life of a hardware
> platform: Prototype runs; a pilot run; and mass production. We have made
> three prototype runs to test various subsystems. Our best case analysis
> of the schedule indicates that GTA02 will be ready for shipment to end
> users in early to mid December.

Is that mid-December for:

a) the pilot-run P0 developer end users (just like the P0 50-units free
phase of GTA01), or

b) the mass production P1 developer end users (just like the P1 GTA01
phones currently being sold), or

c) the mass production P2 general market software-ready end users?

We understand that schedules are hard to estimate and will vary wildly
based on things outside the control of those estimating the timeframes,
but we can still be very precise about exactly *what* it is that we are
hearing time-scale estimates for ;-)

-- Rod