Bluetooth Heartrate Monitor (was: Hardiness of the Neo1973?)

Martin Thierer martin at bangaroo.net
Fri Sep 28 22:00:44 CEST 2007

> now THAT's a cool idea... I'd been trying to figure out how to get HR data
> over bluetooth... but the only hardware for that I could find was a full
> ekg setup... while it would be cool to have that depth of information, it
> goes way beyond what I really need, or want to pay for.  It also removes
> the need to make a bluetooth cadence sensor (imagine how big a battery that
> would need)

What I found was that the heartrate monitor for the Garmin Edge 305 is
supposed to communicate over bluetooth. It's sold separate for about 50 Euro
(about $40), so that could be viable solution.

However, I didn't manage to find out if it really could be paired with
standard bluetooth equipment and what protocol is used.

Anyone on this list with access to such a device who could check?

Martin