Apple's heavy hand an opportunity for Linux smartphones likeOpenMoko

Richard Reichenbacher richard5 at
Sat Sep 29 02:37:47 CEST 2007

That's not what he meant and you know it.  He meant more useable space on
the screen.  The easier the phone is to use the better.  Although halting
work on the GTA02 is completely ludicrous.  Qtopia found a great way to
utilize the space as does OM2007.2.  Only thing they need to figure out is
text input and they'll be golden.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Mike
Sent: Friday, September 28, 2007 5:09 PM
To: community
Subject: Re: Apple's heavy hand an opportunity for Linux smartphones

alan at wrote:
> In my humble opinion, and I know I'm going to take a lot of arrows for
> this, FIC needs to halt the GTA02 work and re-form factor the design to
> have a larger, glass protected screen.

The neo's screen is already bigger- it has more pixels.

In any case, the neo isn't about schnazz, it's about freedom.  Kind of
like PC hardware vs mac hardware.  PC hardware is open and awesome- you
can pick from 500 different motherboards, gfx cards, vendors, etc.,
unlike the apple-only mac, but pc hardware isn't as schnazzy looking as

IMO the neo isn't and should be trying to be schnazzy, I think you're
wrong about matching up to the iphone's look.

Although I do hope the neo comes in colors, that would be appropriate to
the freedom thing.

OpenMoko community mailing list
community at