Apple's heavy hand an opportunity for Linux smartphones likeOpenMoko

Mikko Rauhala mjrauhal at cc.helsinki.fi
Sat Sep 29 02:57:47 CEST 2007

pe, 2007-09-28 kello 19:52 -0400, alan at rotorgraphics.com kirjoitti:
> In my humble opinion, and I know I'm going to take a lot of arrows for
> this, FIC needs to halt the GTA02 work and re-form factor the design to
> have a larger, glass protected screen.
>
> There is only about a six month window here that Apple has left open.
> Someone will clone this form factor and slap an OSS stack on it (QTopia?)
> and I'd like to see FIC/OpenMoko be the first out of the gate.

One has to wonder what are you on to think this would even be possible
in your time frame (let alone actually desirable as a huge extra
diversion). This is not constructive criticism and said arrows will be
well deserved.

(FWIW, personally, I like the Neo design ok, though the touchscreen
could be less deep; not killer, but need to design stuff not to require
too much edge or especially corner touching, for finger use.)

--
Mikko Rauhala   - mjr at iki.fi     - <URL:http://www.iki.fi/mjr/>
Transhumanist   - WTA member     - <URL:http://www.transhumanism.org/>