Apple's heavy hand an opportunity for Linux smartphones likeOpenMoko

Giles Jones giles.jones at zen.co.uk
Sat Sep 29 03:06:45 CEST 2007

On 29 Sep 2007, at 01:47, Pius A. Uzamere II wrote:

>   Once you put a crappy form factor into the market, however,
> you're typically finished in the long term.  Remember, your
> competitors can iterate their software faster than you can iterate
> your form factor once units are put into production.

The iPhone is a big phone, bigger isn't always better. Yes it's good
to be big when using fingers, but we have to do the best we can.
OpenMoko isn't just the Neo either, there are bigger screened phones
around.

The big competitive advantage is innovation and freedom, we can add
features that would be deemed too costly to write. No hardware needs
to become obselete just to keep hardware revenues coming.