Car charger to GTA02

Andy Green andy at
Wed Apr 2 09:52:58 CEST 2008

| If you want fast charge (1A) you can either :
| - Use the special cable that have the resistor, that provides GTA0x a
| way to recognize the charger
| - Use the applet somebody wrote to force fast charge mode by software.
| Be careful, drawing 1A out of USB can destroy the charger if it is not
| supported !
| Hope I'm not saying too much nonsense, and by the way, this is my first
| mail on this list :) Hello world !

Hey Philippe -

You're quite right... charging would hardly happen since it is not 100mA
charging limit but 100mA limit at the USB socket, and we use some of
that to power the CPU, etc.

A 1A-capable cigarette skt -> 5VDC mini USB adapter with the 48K
resistor between ID and GND will do a good fast charge as you say.

- -Andy

Version: GnuPG v1.4.8 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: Using GnuPG with Fedora -