Loosing your moko

Ian Darwin ian at darwinsys.com
Thu Apr 3 18:57:55 CEST 2008

Sean Moss-Pultz wrote:

>> I thought about the risk of loosing the moko or of getting it stolen...
>>
>> I got the following idea:
>> If you can't find your moko, you only have to send an SMS with a
>> special keyword/passphrase to your moko.
>> It recognises the special text and sends the current coordinates to a
>> server. So you can see it's position.
>
> Hehe...sounds fun.

For sure. But there are two approaches; this one assumes the bad guy
won't change (or just remove) the SIM card, which is possible but not
likely. The other one (which I thought of ages ago but which Michele
Renda just explained again quite well) still works if the BG changes the
SIM, as long as there's a SIM card in place (or if you have a FreeRunner
if you're in WiFi coverage).

But of course neither will work if the bad guy is tech-savvy enough to
reload the flash. And we won't say any more because those guys know how
to use Google!