Loosing your moko

Joseph Reeves iknowjoseph at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 19:39:20 CEST 2008

I think it would be quite likely that a phone thief/finder would
change the SIM, either because they want to use it themselves, or
because they want to sell it. I'd do the following:

Set up a script so that the phone regularly connects to a server you
control, downloads the contents of a folder executes them. Say once
every six hours, just for argument's sake. The contents of this folder
would usually be empty, but as soon as you realised that your phone
was missing you upload the GPS/SMS/mass deletion script that you've
been saving for months. That way, it doesn't matter about whatever the
bad folk has done to your phone (as long as the flash hasn't been
wiped); it will connect up (you'll discover it's IP address - likely
to be useful) and will execute the commands you want.

This is something I'm probably going to look into implementing within
a corporate environment within the near future.

Joseph