Loosing your moko

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Thu Apr 3 21:17:42 CEST 2008

Some days ago I was thinking something about this.

My idea was this:

1. An application to install (who want) on openmoko. It is running as a
deamon. Configure very simple like username, password, server.
2. If it is running, check if there is connection. If yes, it send his
mac and gps coordinates to a server, that can be hosted to openmoko.org
3. every person can access to a web application, on openmoko.org where a
person can set the stealt allarm.
    It there is the stealt allarm, openmoko.org will keep all the gps
position received every time that the freerunner is online.
    else if clean all the position after 7 day (I think is a reasonable
time a person will know if a phone was stealt)
4. If a person didn't gave a stealt allarm, the person can not to access
to position logs (to avoid privacy violation)

It can run because who steal a phone, usually he can sell. And an
openmoko phone is very suitable to go online, so if someone go online,
he will send as soon info about his position.

Is possible to think that it will send the inserted sim number or s/n.

This is my idea