Loosing your moko

Michele Renda michele.renda at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 07:35:17 CEST 2008

According me the sms or email solution is not ok for this reason:

When I steal the phone, the first thing that I will do is to turn off
the phone. Then because I am afraid to be detected by cell I will change
the internal sim, before to turn on it.

So: we need something that periodically send to a server well known,
some info, crypted.
The data trasmitted will be very little, only sim number/serial, gps
position.
The server had to store it for a week, and to show to the owner of the
phone: it can be useful to show the position to Google maps (I don't
think it will be a problem with google api).

It can be also implemented the function, that if the server send an
alarm to the phone, it start an emergency upload of contact list and
messages, to recover at least the phonebook and the sms.