customized CPE - Android & Openmoko

Marcus Bauer marcus.bauer at gmail.com
Sat Apr 5 03:22:45 CEST 2008

On Sat, 2008-04-05 at 01:25 +0800, Wolfgang Spraul wrote:

> Let me use this opportunity to talk a bit about Openmoko and Android.
> First of all we really like Android! We don't see Android as
> competition, it is complementary to what we are doing and may help us
> in many ways.

For all those who have missed it out, there is a company named Koolu
which is going to sell the Neo with Android. [1] CTO of Koolu is Jon
'maddog' Hall, quite a well known personality.

As another note, they just changed availability for developers from
March to June. Thus if Openmoko gets the phone out in April, they still
need more time for Android.

[1] http://koolu.com/Koolu-WE-Appliance/WE-Phone.html