GTA02 Release Date

Stephen Pape srpape at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 09:16:16 CEST 2008

My intention wasn't a comparison of the iPhone to the Neo. I do run Linux at
home and at my office for our servers, I don't even dual boot with Windows
anymore because I don't see any reason to use it.  I'm well aware of the
differences. All I was remarking on is that the iPhone is probably the "next
best thing", especially if they offer a SDK.

The problem I have with this project is that for a long time we were without
any information or updates. For quite a while, communication was dead. The
big example I already gave, people were expecting the phone to come out in
October, even well into the month. That shouldn't happen. If it's going to
be delayed, fine, but don't go past your deadline and THEN tell people its
going to be months later. Even more strange is that we thought we were so
close, within the month, yet here we are 6 months later, with no idea when
it will be released.

Now, lately it seems we're getting some updates, but I still get a general
sense of confusion about the state of the project when I read through emails
on the list. We still don't really have any goal date, as far as I know.

My concerns don't really have anything to do with the iPhone directly. I'm
not questioning which will be a better choice for me, but again, it's really
the only comparable phone that I see available.