Web Browser?

thomasg thomas at gstaedtner.net
Mon Apr 7 12:20:16 CEST 2008

You really might consider using links -g for that.
It's blazingly fast (speed is _only_ limitted by the connection!), needs
nearby no ressources and it can save some traffic by turning pictures off.
Opera Mini uses a kind of transparent proxy to compress the sites - it would
be possible to create a own service for that. Some mobile providers offer
similar services free of charge.
A small problem is, that links lacks a touchscreen-friendly UI (however,
it's still usable with a stylus or fingertip) and allows vertical scrolling
for some sites.

In my honest opinion a iphone-browser is not the solution - it's a tribute
to bad webdesign, nothing else. Desktop-like rendering and therefore needed
zooming is exhausting and is leading rendering to the point auf absurdity.
Rendering is used to make things fit - not to make them look the same
whereever it's used.