Web Browser?

Antoine Reid antoine.reid at gmail.com
Wed Apr 9 13:30:23 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 9, 2008 at 4:08 AM, Ricky Fitz <calypso at satyr.ath.cx> wrote:

> > Neo has enough horsepower and pixels to provide a decent web experience.
> > I have tested the built in browser (with usb net not GPRS) and it works
> > just fine. Stable layout, wonderful text rendering courtesy of the
> > extremely high dpi of the screen.
> > It just needs some usability tweaks. Like scrolling without the
> scrollbars.
>
> Probably use the accelerometers for this? If phone bends over a few
> degrees, scroll down or up... ?
> --

People who will use the device in the bus or in the car will hate you,
unless there is an *easy* way to disable those small gestures, or make sure
it is not too sensitive. :)

While I don't mind using large gestures to perform some operations (like
turning the phone upside-down to prevent it from ringing), I don't think
small gestures should be on by default.  Otherwise, it'll be very hard to
use in any case other than sitting down and almost not moving at all...

.02$
antoine

--
Antoine Reid