Loosing your moko

Sven Klomp sven at klomp.de
Thu Apr 10 10:35:03 CEST 2008

On Thursday 10 April 2008 10:19:22 Didier Raboud wrote:
> Sven Klomp wrote:
>
> > On Thursday 10 April 2008 01:17:51 Denis wrote:
> >> Centralized database is evil. I'm going to use my own server for
> >> tracking my Neo. I think it's the only way to keep privacy.
> >
> > I don't know if it was already mentioned, but encryption of the GPS data
> > might be a solution to keep privacy.
> >
> > Sven
>
> This doesn't solve it all...
>
> Let's assume that the decryption key is given to the user with its Neo. It
> sill means that Openmoko created that key (and thus knows it)...

Hm, I thought about something like GPG: You create a key and put the public key on your Freerunner. The Freerunner encrypts the data and sends it to the publish server.
If you need the data (in case of a stolen/lost device, what ever) you download the data and decrypt it on your desktop with your private key.
OK, applications like "friends next to you" won't work...

Sven