Quikwriting

"Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" mail at 3v1n0.net
Sun Apr 13 06:10:26 CEST 2008

Marco Trevisan (Treviño) wrote:
> ramsesoriginal ha scritto:
>> On Sat, Apr 12, 2008 at 5:13 PM, Ortwin Regel
>> <ortwin at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Quikwriting is the best input method for finger input on a small
>>>  touchscreen like the Neo's that I have come across.
>>>  http://mrl.nyu.edu/~perlin/demos/quikwriting.html
>>>  There have been positive comments towards it on the list before.
>>>  Does anyone have the time, motivation and ability to implement this on
>>>  Openmoko? It would be very useful for me. :)
>>>
>>>  Ortwin
>>>

>> Sounds interesting. The only problem is user education.. but if it
>> works this could be a really good input method for finger input!
>
> Mhmhmh.... I've tried the two demos (with mouse, of course), but I've
> some problems in writing on it... Expecially some "lateral" chars aren't
> writtable to me... To write a "c", for example, I've to make many tries,
> and I guess they should be really more using a finger.
> I've read no docs, where am I wrong in?

I've given a short look to the docs and now it's clear how to write in... :P

So, now I can agree with ramsesoriginal and the others who appreciate
this systems: it can easily be used for quick finger writing!
Btw, imho we should try to find another letter ordering :P.

--
Treviño's World - Life and Linux
http://www.3v1n0.net/