LCD protector

Ortwin Regel ortwin at gmail.com
Sun Apr 13 14:21:17 CEST 2008

A German ebay seller has some that are advertised as being made for
the Neo 1973 (and should thus work fine on the Freerunner as it has
the same case and screen dimensions):
http://cgi.ebay.de/18x-Schutzfolie-Computer-Neo-1973-Tuch_W0QQitemZ290145736835QQihZ019QQcategoryZ38950QQrdZ1QQssPageNameZWD1VQQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247
They are a little too big but work well nonetheless. It's difficult to
attach them without bubbles, though. However, you get 18 of them so
you can practice a lot. I can't remember whether the instructions that
came with it were in German or in English... It amounts to slowly
attaching the protector millimeter for millimeter while all the time
rubbing out the bubbles. I've heard this works best in a wet
environment. Obviously there shouldn't be much dust around and you
should clean your screen properly.

Ortwin