next costumers location

steve steve at openmoko.com
Mon Apr 14 01:13:17 CEST 2008

 That will be the subject of my next post. It's somewhat complicated
With a host of side issues. I look at it like debugging code. I try to fix
One issue at a time. Then test my fix. Then move onto the next problem and fix that.
So, We had to prioritize issues.

First: get a good product line up, simplify the product line, address the key concerns
DRIVE THE PRICE DOWN, and involve more developers.

   A. We killed the orange colored phone. May it rest in peace.
   B. We got rid of the base versus advanced. We have One Product. With developers goodies offered on the side.
   C. We are in the process ( working hard) to take excessive stuff out of the box.
   D. We are working to make all accessories "non custom" products.

Second: Work the logistics of getting products to people. This process is as hard as building phones.
Trust me. For Neo 1973 we utilized one distributon center. FICA in the USA. Our goal is to add  A HUB
In Europe.  The thought was this. Shipping to a HUB in Europe and then having that HUB service Europe
Would be CHEAPER than shipping to the US and having the US serve Europe. Seemed logical. That was wrong.

So. I'm going to Finish the first goal. Get the line up solid. Start shipping that lineup. Then
I will go optimize the distribution question.

I'll have more to say about this, but for now, I'm just waiting to get my samples.

PVTs are looking good. I'll let you know what Michael and I think when we see them.

Then I'l have an update on Software. Many things to talk about there.