Charger? (was: Re: FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update)

Lowell Higley higleylh at gmail.com
Mon Apr 14 09:57:57 CEST 2008

I think I'm going to have to completely disagree on this one.  I RARELY plug
anything into a computer to simply charge it.  I'd venture almost never.
The idea that I HAVE to plug a device into a computer to charge it is
completely ridiculous to me. I'd bet my experience as a product marketer
that consumers would feel similarly.  My expectation of a cell phone (based
on precedent) is that I get a wall charger with my phone.  Even Apple didn't
break this precedent with the iPhone.  You can plug it into a cradle
(connecting to a system), a wall charger, or a vehicle accessory charger.

That being said, I don't know whether this "custom charger" is just a
modified USB cable or an actual wall charger.  Again, based on precedent, my
expectation was that it was a wall charger.  Thinking about it now I realize
that perhaps that was not a good assumption to make.

Just my 4 1/2 cents.