USB host compatible devices

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at
Mon Apr 14 15:25:32 CEST 2008

On 4/14/08, openmoko at <openmoko at> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a question about the USB host feature ... Could it be possible to
> use a traditional USB keyboard with this feature ? (Enough power ?
> Compatible plugs ?)

Yes. But maybe not all. A normal keyboard should not draw too much power.
But I didn't test this, so it should be confirmed.

Can we get an adapter to be able to plug any traditional USB devices ? (USB
> storage key ...)

That is where the Y-cable comes in (to supply with additional power)

Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at: