FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

steve steve at
Mon Apr 14 22:41:16 CEST 2008

USB cable will be in the goodies.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Jay Vaughan
Sent: Monday, April 14, 2008 7:24 AM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

> It is not necessary to modify a cable to fast charge the device. All
> that is needed is something like [1] (which costs US$3) and the
> software from [2] and you have fast charging without modifying a cable
> or relying upon the folks from OpenMoko to get into the accessory
> business.

I want this cable not for charging, but for using USB devices with
the Freerunner / neo1973 .. so in that instance, it shouldn't be

I feel its a bit dodgy expecting customers to hack up their own cable
to use USB devices - unless there is a cable that can be purchased
out there already that will give us this capability?

Jay Vaughan

Openmoko community mailing list
community at