Freerunner Antennas and Partially Metal Cases

Erland Lewin erland at lewin.nu
Tue Apr 15 18:38:36 CEST 2008

As I understand it, the Freerunner will have four modules requiring antennas
- GSM, GPS, WiFi and Bluetooth. I know the GSM antenna is placed in the
bottom part of the phone, and the GPS antenna at the top.

Where are the WiFi and Bluetooth antennas placed? Are there actually 4
antennas, or are some shared?

The reason I ask is for case design - I'm thinking about partial metal
cases, which I guess should have non-metal parts covering the antennas.

/Erland