DHL has a package for me!

steve steve at
Tue Apr 15 21:22:21 CEST 2008

Well to release the package to me they needed my social security number.
BUT, they would not take it verbally over the phone. They needed written
Why? because as the customs lady explained, homeland security had audited
DHL and found out
that people had lied to them about their SSN. So, Now DHL requires written
proof of your SSN.
to clear customs.
I was  given two options: Provide a Copy of your social secuity card front
and back, or provide a copy
of your Tax forms with the financial data blacked out.
Whatever, the stuff is headed my way.

From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Kyle Bassett
Sent: Tuesday, April 15, 2008 9:12 AM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: DHL has a package for me!

why does it matter that you are or are not an american?

On Tue, Apr 15, 2008 at 11:57 AM, steve <steve at> wrote:

My samples arrived!

I'm in customs hell. They want me to prove I am an american. So I have to
send them a copy of
My social security card or my taxes.

Openmoko community mailing list
community at