FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

Hugo Mills hugo-om at
Wed Apr 16 12:22:37 CEST 2008

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 12:05:10PM +0200, David Samblas Martinez wrote:
> Regarding colors, maybe in the massmarket phase being
> able to customice your case as a lot of comercial
> moviles will be a plus to fashion victims ( My female
> work college has his laptop, movile phone and mp3 all
> in hello-kitty pink!!!) but in this stage of the
> process where developers are the target, no matter
> what case neo has, meanwhile it do the job of protect
> their precious inner electronics.
> I not agree with the stiker solutions because is
> matter of time than the stiker become ugly rubbished
> and the hole phone become  stiky.
> The paint-it-yourself solution if you find a
> combination of case material//markers really permanet
> will be an original and great feature. sure there are
> some aerograph artist within us than can make very
> cool designs.

   Maybe there's someone out there with the know-how to make blank
cases based on the published OM designs? I'd guess it's a matter of
making suitable injection-moulded components -- front and back -- and
then either ringing the changes with the plastic colour used, or just
selling white ones that can then be painted and lacquered.  I have no
idea of the economics of injection moulding, though.

=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... | | ===
  PGP key: 515C238D from or
    --- Modern medicine does not treat causes:  headaches are not ---
                   caused by a paracetamol deficiency.