End User Input....and Question

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 13:15:09 CEST 2008

On 4/16/08, Rune Gangstø <runegang at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm a bit interested in buying this now, but I don't know if it's a good
> idea.
>
> How hard is it to upgrade software version yourself?
> Is it like this version is complete, but software isn't? or is the
> hardware to be changed when the end user version is ready?
>

> I will try to answer, but I cannot garantee that I am correct.
The hardware is complete. But I assume that if hardware bugs are discovered,
it will be considered to fix them before the consumer release (depending on
the bug). Since all the software isn't ready yet, I guess it is impossible
to be 100% sure there are no bugs. But remember, they did a lot of testing,
so I guess the hardware is good.

The software should be easy to update. You can install/upgrade/uninstall
programs on the phone with opkg. It should also be relative simple to
download a new image and flash the phone. It is documented in the wiki.

--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>