Colored cases, etc - Was Re: FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

Steven Le Roux steven at
Wed Apr 16 19:04:17 CEST 2008

Hmm in this goal, why not to sell "blank" case, non finished
ones, witout any painting, just to be customized/adapted later ?

I don't think only with painting, but integrate an eye cam or other
expansion pack, or wifi external connectors for example...

Even one water proof why not :)

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 6:02 PM, Steven ** <
montgoss+openmokocommunity at<montgoss%2Bopenmokocommunity at>>

> For the one off, you could check out
> They do injection molding of various plastics in "many" colors.
> I'm not sure if you could make a profit by having them make a ton of
> cases and then reselling them or not.
> -Steven
> On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 5:22 AM, Hugo Mills <hugo-om at> wrote:
> >    Maybe there's someone out there with the know-how to make blank
> >  cases based on the published OM designs? I'd guess it's a matter of
> >  making suitable injection-moulded components -- front and back -- and
> >  then either ringing the changes with the plastic colour used, or just
> >  selling white ones that can then be painted and lacquered.  I have no
> >  idea of the economics of injection moulding, though.
> >
> >    Hugo.

Steven Le Roux
Jabber-ID : Steven at