FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

steve steve at openmoko.com
Wed Apr 16 19:07:18 CEST 2008

One goal of freeing the CAD , freeing the flesh of the phone, was to enable
others to seize these opportunities.

So, the CAD files for the FreeRunner are out there, before it has even
shipped. I think this decision is
underappreciated.

The per piece cost of plastic is small.  Go price a pound of plastic. The
risk is tooling. We reduced that
by making CAD data open.

Long LONG ago, you had to pay big set up fees to Print a document. That has
come down over time.

 I want to enable a world were you can print parts. Trust me, I am not happy
when I tell people
that they cant get pink. If you want pink, you should get pink.

That doesnt entail that I should build pink. I enable people to make it pink
by publishing CAD files.

If you think pink, then I'll sell you the electronics that go under those
pink platistics

  _____