FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

steve steve at
Wed Apr 16 19:56:49 CEST 2008

This is EXACTLY why we freed the CAD files

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Hugo Mills
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 8:58 AM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion
Subject: Re: FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

On Wed, Apr 16, 2008 at 06:32:09PM +0200, Peter Kraker wrote:
> Someone with a knack for business should simply grab those CAD files
> and start manufacturing replacement cases in gazillion different colors.

   I thought the same. So I've picked an injection moulding firm more or
less at random, and asked them about the costs and processes involved --
just to see what it would take to do.

=== Hugo Mills: hugo at ... | | ===
  PGP key: 515C238D from or
        --- Great oxymorons of the world, no. 2: Common Sense ---