FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

Philip Stubbs philip at
Thu Apr 17 00:36:24 CEST 2008

On 16/04/2008, Hugo Mills <hugo-om at> wrote:
>    I have no experience at all in manufacturing -- my closest moment
>  came when I did some work on production scheduling in a flour mill --
>  but I still thought it was worth finding out what it would cost to do
>  it. I doubt that I'll have the capital, drive or time to bring this
>  idea to fruition, but I might as well see what's involved...

I do happen to know a bit about this sort of thing. I know a guy in HK
that owns a tool maker and mold shop in China. I have had a few
products that I have designed made by him, and he is very good. If you
have asked UK based companies this question, I expect you may see a
delay as they are all at a show in Telford this week [1]. The guy in
HK will probable be a lot cheaper, and also quicker with the tooling.
The part prices may be a bit higher to account for the shipping.

Let me know if you want his details off list.

Philip Stubbs