FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

steve steve at
Thu Apr 17 00:59:57 CEST 2008

Go for it.

Let me know if I can help in any way. Off list.

-----Original Message-----
From: community-bounces at
[mailto:community-bounces at] On Behalf Of Philip Stubbs
Sent: Wednesday, April 16, 2008 3:36 PM
To: List for Openmoko community discussion; Hugo Mills
Subject: Re: FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update

On 16/04/2008, Hugo Mills <hugo-om at> wrote:
>    I have no experience at all in manufacturing -- my closest moment
> came when I did some work on production scheduling in a flour mill --
> but I still thought it was worth finding out what it would cost to do
> it. I doubt that I'll have the capital, drive or time to bring this
> idea to fruition, but I might as well see what's involved...

I do happen to know a bit about this sort of thing. I know a guy in HK that
owns a tool maker and mold shop in China. I have had a few products that I
have designed made by him, and he is very good. If you have asked UK based
companies this question, I expect you may see a delay as they are all at a
show in Telford this week [1]. The guy in HK will probable be a lot cheaper,
and also quicker with the tooling.
The part prices may be a bit higher to account for the shipping.

Let me know if you want his details off list.

Philip Stubbs

Openmoko community mailing list
community at