AT+CRSM=176,28512,0,0,123 (was Re: "home zone" functionality)

Christoph Schweers christoph.schweers at gmx.net
Thu Apr 17 16:45:49 CEST 2008

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 17 Apr 2008 13:27:25 +0200
> Von: Kiro Zimmer <openmoko at kironet.de>
> An: List for Openmoko community discussion <community at lists.openmoko.org>
> Betreff: AT+CRSM=176,28512,0,0,123 (was Re: "home zone" functionality)

> ... some additional informations
>
> According to [1] the AT-command "AT+CRSM=176,28512,0,0,123"
> should list the stored (and encoded) homezone values. This works on my
> very old Siemens M35 but not on any newer phone I have tried, even when
> the same SIM was used. So this AT-command seems to be phone specific.

No, the AT+CRSM command is not phone specific. It is a standardised command as all AT+Cxxx commands. First 'But' - it is 'optional' ;-)
For more information about this command you should consult an actual version of ETSI TS 100 916, which specifies the 'AT Command set for GSM Mobile Equipment (ME)'

> Does anybody know how this command is implemented on other phones?
>
> If we find a generic version of this call, we could simply write an
> software-applet, which show the current homezone-status -- even with a
> picture of a house :-)

As described above AT+CRSM is 'generic'.

BR
Christoph