Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future Button and LED software spec)

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 22:41:41 CEST 2008

On 4/18/08, Ilja O. <vrghost at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 10:07 PM, Andrea Debortoli
> <debortoland at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I think nobody will buy a GTA02v5 knowing that a better revision will be
> > available some days after...

I will, because I do not want to wait any longer, and I really want the
"goodies":) There will always be something better. They will continue to fix
HW bugs. Maybe they make one with UMTS too. But I understand that many
people would prefer to wait for GTA02v6. Just don't assume nobody will by
GTA02v5.

I will. I also will learn a "bit of electronics" to fix it. (Since for
> me it's fun to learn new things... Ant i also really want get Neo.
> Waiting another month or two is not fun.)

Just one comment here. I am not sure you will have enough space to do this
without surface mounting. If you never played with transistors before,
please ask an electronic engineer to sit next to you while you do it if you
don't have the basic knowledge. Understand that this can be an easy way to
brick your Freerunner and you will not get it on warranty. I will modify
mine, if I need to, and then I promise to document how I did it. But you
will need to remind me per e-mail:)
--
Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at:
<URL:http://www.fsf.org/register_form?referrer=5774>