Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future Button and LED software spec)

Flemming Richter Mikkelsen quatrox at
Fri Apr 18 22:52:22 CEST 2008

On 4/18/08, Shawn Rutledge <shawn.t.rutledge at> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:21 AM, Flemming Richter Mikkelsen
> <quatrox at> wrote:
> > It sounds to me as the problem is easy for those of us that knows a
> little
> > electronics. If I get one that leaks current, I will start soldering!
> >

> > Does anybody know if the fix Werner is talking about, will be done for
> all
> > GTA02v5 PCB's? If it really will be a fix for it, it will not be any
> problem
> > at all.
> Yes maybe it can be fixed.  But is the fix documented yet?
> Another way to look at it: if the fix can be done without a PCB
> change, then why not get the factory to do the rework (swapping
> transistors or whatever) before they are shipped?  How much would it
> cost to get that done in China?

Because it will be very time consuming (read "expensive" and "delay").

Please don't send me Word or PowerPoint attachments. See

Join the FSF as an Associate Member at: