Any compliant headset? (Re: was FreeRunner Pricing and PVT update)

Gilles Casse gcasse at oralux.net
Fri Apr 18 23:15:18 CEST 2008

thomasg wrote:
> What you wrote, Gilles, is a problem. I can't imagine, that FIC produced
> headsets that would fit for the neo only (why should they?), so I
> strongly assume that the headset is a standard device. Maybe you should
> describe what exactly didn't work, so we can try to figure out what the
> problem is.
> I can only guess: it could be a problem with the alsa settings, or maybe
> the impedance of the headsets was just different.

Hi Thomas, all,

Publish please urls where a compliant headset (2.5mm, 65 ohms, stereo,
mic?) can be bought online. If there is no compliant headset, the issue
will be at least identified, hopefully first step before resolution :-) .

I tried 3 earphones: the first one was unusable, due to low impedance as
pointed out by Joerg's answer:
http://lists.openmoko.org/pipermail/community/2008-March/013791.html

I did not find a 2.5mm, 65 ohms stereo earphone, and fall back to check
two 3.5mm, 65 ohms Sennheiser earphones plus a 3.5/2.5mm adapter. The
audio volume is correct, but now only one ear has audio.

Gilles