Freerunner will be GTA02v5 or GTA02v6? (was: Fwd: Future Button and LED software spec)

Gerald A geraldablists at
Fri Apr 18 23:16:33 CEST 2008

On Fri, Apr 18, 2008 at 11:45 AM, "Marco Trevisan (Treviño)" <mail at>

> So why shipping semi-bugged hardware if there's a fixed version ready?

Any software or hardware has annoyances or bugs, or missing features. The
question is are they show stoppers, or just mere annoyances? If turning off
the blinkenlights can solve this issue, is it worthwhile to hold production
another 2 months to get LEDs that consume a bit less power?

It's a tough call, and we have to appreciate this process being open --
otherwise we wouldn't even know there is an issue. However, power sipping
LEDs aren't a showstopper in most people's books. Personally, I'm much more
anxious to play with the WLAN stuff, and would be cool with no LEDs at all.

My 2cents.