Don't ship GTA02v5 without the rework

Steven Le Roux steven at le-roux.info
Sat Apr 19 03:38:10 CEST 2008

I totally agree with you.

I understand everybody is happy to see the neo coming, but don't forget the
goal :) : to provides the best free phones.

It wouldn't be pleasant for us to by a phone, knowing there is a known issue
with optimisation of  power consumption and LED stuff..

I understand the rush ;) but we can wait...

On Sat, Apr 19, 2008 at 2:26 AM, Ron K. Jeffries <rjeffries at gmail.com>
wrote:

> OpenMoko team:
>
> It's crazy to consider shipping the GTA02v5 without the rework
> to solve the current leakage issue.
>
> Yes, people are REALLY anxious to get this phone. But shipping
> a few thousand of units that do not meet spec on standby time
> is a Bad Idea.
>
> pull up your socks and do the rework
> if that delays launch by 30 days so be it.
> besides the firmware will be better by then as well. ;)
>
> -ron jeffries.
>
> CONTEXT:

Steven Le Roux
Jabber-ID : Steven at jabber.fr